But what if? upon receiving the information, the General is intimated, frightened and tells his troops to pack up their stuff cause they have no chance in winning.
What if? upon hearing and seeing the inside information, the General says within himself " the battle is lost already. No reason in even trying.."
Now imagine yourself as the General, with the necessary tools (weapons) and supportive team (troops) made available to you so that you have the best opportunity to come out a VICTOR in this battle. Imagine the spy is God, Himself. He is the one that comes and tells you exactly what the enemy is up to. He informs you on what the enemy is planning on hitting you with (inside information). But instead of you taking the information and allowing yourself to plan a counterattack (of faith, through prayer/fasting/consecration/etc) to hit the enemy even harder, you just pack up your things and go home with your tail between your legs.
NEW FLASH: that is NOT why God gives you the inside information! God gives us the necessary information to ensure we walk out the victory!
During a time of war, spies are sent out to gather information so that these Generals would NOT be caught off guard. God does not want you to walk in blindly to a situation to be caught off guard. He wants you to know exactly what's going on so that you are better prepared spiritually and mentally. Don't allow yourself to become overwhelmed with the information. God is sharing these things so that you can build up your faith in the process of going after what He said is yours and will be.
If you do not have a disciplined faith life (prayer/studying the word/fellowship/home church/ etc) you leave an open door for the enemy to attack your faith in that area that God is needing you to have strong faith in. Your daily actions should be building up your faith and not feeding your flesh. Keep in mind that you may not be hitting the clubs, parties, fornicating, lusting, or any other type of obvious sin in order to be feeding your flesh. Your flesh grows and gains strength if you are not killing it daily. POINT, BLANK. Abstaining from sin is not enough, folks. You must feed your faith so that in these key times when God is trying to lead you through a specific battle to your victory (and His promise to you), you will not grow weary nor discouraged through what He shares with you to HELP not HINDER you.
It's when we're caught off guard that there are many mistakes, possible setbacks, and we're easily moved to react outside of Gods will for our lives. But a consistent prayer/faith filled life helps to keeps us on our toes with these things. Do not be dismayed nor discouraged by what you see in the natural if it doesn't line up with what God has said will be. Look at it as a test; to see if you'll press in with your faith in what God has told you. Many of these things are revealed to help direct us in the direction we should be praying. But be more concerned with Gods word over anything you may see and anyone elses word or opinion.
Remember friends: the enemy will always move to steal, kill, and destroy your portion and inheritance. We can make it easy for him by not protecting, guarding, and strengthening our faith. He knows that if he can successfully attack and hinder our faith in Gods word concerning a thing, he can move us out of a position of faith (Gods will). Don't allow your feelings and personal thoughts to aid the enemy in his attacks. Stay sober minded in your word and prayer.
- The LORD is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The LORD is the defense of my life; Whom shall I dread? - Psalm 27:1
- Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle; My lovingkindness and my fortress, My stronghold and my deliverer; My shield and He in whom I take refuge; Who subdues my people under me. - Psalm 144:1-2
- This command I entrust to you, Timothy, my son, in accordance with the prophecies previously made concerning you, that by them you may fight the good fight, keeping faith and a good conscience, which some have rejected and suffered shipwreck in regard to their faith. - 1 Timothy 2:1-4
- Put on the full armor of God, that you may be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore, take up the full armor of God, that you may be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm. Stand firm therefore, having girded your loins with truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; in addition to all, taking up the shield of faith with which you will be able to extinguish all the flaming missiles of the evil one. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. - Ephesians 6:11-17
- The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. - John 10:10